The IST-Africa 2017 Programme will incorporate Opening and Closing Plenary Sessions and a Scientific Programme with Parallel Sessions featuring presenters from public, private, education and research organisations in Europe and Africa.
Focused on ICT-enabled Innovation, Science and Technology related policy dialogues, Global Development, Research and Innovation Cooperation and Community Building, each conference brings together senior representatives of leading public, private, education and research organisations from 50 countries to discuss policy, share insight and identify collaboration opportunities.
The Scientific Programme for IST-Africa 2017 is based on a double blind peer review of Papers submitted to an open Call for Papers which closes on 09 December 2016.
Workshop proposals can also be submitted online for consideration. A workshop session normally lasts for 90 mins with 4 - 5 presenters per session.
Core thematic priorities for IST-Africa 2017 include:
- mHealth, eHealth & Health Information Systems
- Technology-enhanced Learning and eSkills
- mAgriculture / eAgriculture & Environmental Sustainability
- eInfrastructures and NRENs (National Research and Education Networks)
- Next Generation Computing: Big Data, Cloud Computing, Future Internet, Internet of Things (IoT)
- eGovernment - Services to Citizens & Business
- Content Technologies: Languages; Digital Preservation
- Cyber Security, Privacy and Trust
- Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship (including Social Entrepreneurship)
- Global Development including ICT4D
- Societal Implications of Technology
For details on IST-Africa 2017 Week & Conference visit the IST-Africa 2017 website.