CAAST-Net Plus will host a workshop on 'Africa-EU Cooperation in Food and Nutrition Security' in South Africa on 26 November 2015. The event is organised by a CAAST-Net Plus partner, the French Research Institute for Development (IRD), and held in conjunction with the Africa Techno Forum taking place from 23-27 November in Johannesburg and Pretoria.
'The workshop aims to learn more about the opportunities and challenges faced by innovators in the area of food and nutrition security, while exploring how to better take into account the interests of entrepreneurs in an EU-African Research and Innovation Platform on Food and Nutrition Security', says Nejma André of IRD.
The workshop will address the following key questions:
- What does innovation in food and nutrition security mean in the African context?
- What possibilities exist for potential collaboration?
- What are the obstacles and opportunities encountered by innovators?
- How can the private sector be involved in Africa-EU food and nutrition security collaboration?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of Inter Partes Review-Patenting in the food and nutrition security sector?
Follow @CAAST_Net_Plus for live updates from the workshop.
Download the CAAST-Net Plus workshop agenda.
Source: CAAST-Net Plus