The stimulation of international mobility and the attraction of researchers from abroad is one of the priorities of the European Research Area.
In this context and intending to stimulate the S&T cooperation, the Belgian Federal Science Policy Office (BELSPO) does implement a fellowship scheme for highly qualified non EU researchers (i.e. postdoctoral level or equivalent experience), granting them an opportunity to work during 6 to 18 months in a Belgian research team.
This initiative started in 1981. Till now already 750 fellowships were granted:
- Number of fellowships per country and per year: till 2016
- Number of fellowships per country and per year: till 2005
Call for proposals
The target countries are those countries with which Belgian Research Institutions wish to strengthen cooperation.
For this call, the list of eligible countries is restricted to:
- the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South-Africa),
- all the African countries,
Further eligibility and selection criteria are described in the information note.
- Information note for the selection 2016
- Check-list for the eligibility of application
- Application document
- List of the codes for scientific disciplines
Source and further details: BELSPO