The event aims to meet the following main goals:
- Enhance participants' skills in integrating evidence into policy-making.
- Create a community of practice that will continue to collaborate afterwards.
- Stimulate the participants to share their new skills and learning with their colleagues.
The organisers are looking for:
- 25 policy-makers (junior to middle level) from EU Institutions and Member States;
- 25 policy-makers (junior to middle level) from African Institutions and African States;
- 25 EU scientists;
- 25 African scientists.
If you wish to apply, please complete the Application Form, including your CV and a short motivation letter (up to 500 words) outlining how your work in Water – Energy – Food is relevant to the evidence-policy nexus and why you would benefit from attending the event. The deadline for applications is 29th April 2016.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the water – energy – food nexus.
- Commitment to participate in the event for the whole duration of the seminar.
- Strong motivation to use and provide evidence for policy.
- Citizenship of an African state or EU Member State.
- Proficiency in English.
- For scientists: Participation in collaborative research projects funded by FP7, Horizon 2020, the AU Research Grants, Kwame Nkrumah Scientific awards, the ACP S&T Programme and the ERAfrica initiative will be considered an asset.
Please note that travel (economy class) expenses and accommodation of successful African applicants will be covered.
For any questions about the application process or the event, contact
Source and further information: European Commission