Science Forum South Africa are calling for thematic session proposals for the Forum.
The 2016 Forum will have a specific focus on the social sciences and humanities, as well as the role of science in Africa’s development.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is Friday, 15 July 2016.
- Session and speaker arrangements
- Selection process
- Session duration and format
- Submit your proposal
Key objectives of the Forum
- To create a platform for a vibrant debate on the role of science, technology and innovation in society;
- To promote international science, technology and innovation partnerships; and
- To create a platform for key science, technology and innovation actors, including senior government leaders, academics, scientists, industry, civil society, and students to interact.
Key attributes of the Forum
- A provocative and stimulating forum programme comprising several parallel sessions, addressing a diverse range of science and science policy orientated themes;
- A rich diversity in the background of participants, comprising scientists, students, public and private sector representatives as well as civil society constituents;
- A forum programme not only compiled “top-down” by the organisers but also enabling public input through a competitive call for proposals for the organisation of sessions; and
- A strong international dimension to the event, reflected by the participation of speakers and attendees from a diverse range of countries, especially from Africa.
Dowload the Call for Proposals info (PDF).
Source and further details: SFSA 2016 website